14 reasons why you should never visit Portugal
Hiring a campervan to visit Portugal... what were you thinking?
With its mild climate, 3000 hours of sunshine per year and 850 kms of beaches bathed by the Atlantic Ocean, Portugal is not the ideal holiday destination.
We are talking of a country that has the oldest borders in Europe, with many different landscapes just a short distance away from each other, lots of leisure activities to choose from and a unique cultural heritage, where tradition and modernity blend together in perfect harmony… Why would you like to visit this country?
Situated in the extreme south-west of Europe, just a few hours from any of the other European capitals, just the idea of getting in a plane to go visit it makes me tired!
It is probably better to stay home doing your day-to-day stuff… It is definitely not worth the visit, and here is why:
1. This beach is too empty to be funny.
2. You’re not impressed by the waves. Besides, surfing is for crazy people.
3. We bet you can’t drive here.
4. Just another city by a river. Haven’t we seen too many of those?
5. What's so special about a train station covered in tiles?
6. You're not traveling all the way to Portugal just to have a glass of wine, right?
7. Codfish is just disgusting.
8. A valley, a river, some vineyards, green hills, all next to each other… you just don’t see the appeal.
9. Your life is so much more exciting than this:
10. Why try “Pastéis de Nata” in a place where they have been making them for almost 200 years when you can just bake them at home?
11. Lunch with a view? Rather eat at McDonald's.
12. You prefer modern things. Visiting castles, historical museums and ancient stuff is simply not a priority.
13. An average maximum temperature of 28º C and 12 hours of sunshine per day is too much!
14. Spending some family time? Rather be in front of the TV.